These terms and conditions (“Terms”) constitute a legal agreement between you (“Student” or “You”) and Kelly Ashby Nail Academy (“Provider,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) regarding your participation in our online nail training courses (the “Courses”). By enrolling in the Courses, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
1. Registration and Enrolment
1.1. To enrol in the Courses, you must complete the registration process and pay the required fees.
1.2. You must provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process.
2. Course Access
2.1. Upon successful enrolment and payment, you will receive access to the Courses as described in your enrolment confirmation.
2.2. You agree not to share or distribute your course login information or access with any other individuals or third parties.
3. Course Content
3.1. The course content, including but not limited to video lectures, course materials, and any associated resources, is the intellectual property of the Provider and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
3.2. You agree not to:
a. Copy, reproduce, or distribute the course content without written permission from the Provider.
b. Share, sell, or otherwise provide access to the course content to anyone else, including individuals, organisations, or online platforms.
c. Use the course content for any commercial purposes, including but not limited to reselling or offering similar training to others.
3.3. Any violations of this clause may result in the immediate termination of your access to the Courses without a refund and potential legal action.
4. Course Progress and Completion
4.1. You are responsible for your own progress in the Courses and for meeting any completion requirements set forth in the course description.
4.2. Provider reserves the right to evaluate and assess your progress in the Courses and may provide certification or acknowledgment upon successful completion, as described in the course description.
We provide education and information when it comes to starting, growing, running, and scaling businesses and we want to make sure that while we provide the highest quality in all we do, we cannot be responsible for the results you achieve in your business.
5. Refund Policy
Refund for an online course
All our online courses represent 40 hours of work. Once you have paid for an online course, we will email you a link to register on the course website (www.courses.highstat.com). When you click on the link in the email, we will get a confirmation email. We will then grant you access to all course material and on-demand video files. This process takes less than 24 hours (mainly depending on your, and our, time zones). You can then begin the course. Attending any live sessions (if this is part of the course) is optional.
Refunds if you change your mind about an online course
Under the UK Consumer Contracts Regulations, you (as a consumer) have the right to cancel a course within 14 days. This right applies regardless of whether the course will be taken online or in person. However, this assumes that you have not accessed the course material on the course website (www.courses.highstat.com). In other words, you can cancel a course (and get a full refund) within 14 days, provided that you have not accessed the course material yet.
If you have accessed the course material on the website within the 14-day period, then the following rules apply:
- You will still have the right to cancel, but you must pay for the value of the service that was provided to you up to the point you cancel. In other words, if you buy an online course and then change your mind within the 14-day time period, you will be refunded a proportionate sum but will be charged for any admin or materials costs and the amount of teaching time you used.
- We will base our refund on the amount of online time spent on the course website (which is logged), as a fraction of 40 hours.
Refunds if the online course is not what you expected
If you start your online course and you find that it doesn’t match the description you were given or the teaching isn’t of satisfactory quality, you can request a refund under the UK Consumer Rights Act. Under the Consumer Rights Act, we have a duty to do the following:
• Perform the service with reasonable care and skill.
• Make sure information that’s been given to you about the course – written or spoken – is binding where you’ve relied on it to make your decision.
If the service you’re provided doesn’t satisfy these criteria, you’re entitled to the following remedies under the Consumer Rights Act:
1. We should either redo the element of the course that’s inadequate, or perform the whole course again at no extra cost to you, within a reasonable time, and without causing you significant inconvenience.
2. Or, in circumstances where the repeat performance is impossible, or it can’t be done within a reasonable time or without causing significant inconvenience, you can claim a price reduction. Depending on how severe the failings are, this could be up to 100% of the cost, and we will refund you within 14 days of agreeing that you’re entitled to a refund.
Refunds if you were mis-sold the online course that you booked
All our courses are designed in such a way that there is minimal overlap, and a clear description of course content is provided on the course website and course flyers. However, in the unlikely event that you feel that you have been mis-sold an online course, you can cancel the course in the same way as if you’d changed your mind, and get your money back.
5.1. Refund policies may vary depending on the specific course and are described in the course description and enrollment confirmation.
6. Modifications and Termination
6.1. Provider reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Courses or your access to them at any time, for any reason, without notice.
8. Governing Law
8.1. These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes or claims arising under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
9. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact us at [email protected] or 07535 416376.
Please review these terms carefully. By enrolling in our online nail training courses, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to these Terms and agree to comply with them. Failure to comply with these terms may result in the termination of your access to the Courses and other legal actions as deemed appropriate by the Provider.