This is a two-day course.
On this course, you will learn how to perform gel enhancements. The course takes place over two days, with a two to three week gap between them, so you will have time to practise and provide cases.
You will need to study the training manual before your first training day and complete a theory assessment based on what you have covered. Once you have successfully completed the training course you will receive a Kelly Ashby Nail Academy / ABT accredited certificate.
You will also learn to:
- Prepare the treatment area
- Carry out a client consultation
- Prepare the client for treatment
- Prepare natural nails for application
- File and shape the nails
- Apply tips
- Apply gel overlay
- Refine enhancement
- Maintain enhancement
- Carry out safe removal
- Provide aftercare advice
You will also study:
- Relevant hygiene, health and safety
- Sterilising and care of equipment
- Relevant anatomy and physiology
- Client Consultation
- Disorders that can affect clients nails
- Non-Medical conditions
- Equipment and Products
A kit is not provided, please find a kit list below. You must come to training with clean nails as students work on each other.
- To attend this course you must already be qualified in either Manicure or Gel Polish
- You will need to come to training with clean nails, as students work on each other (models are not required).
- As kit is not provided, you will need to bring to your training all items detailed in the kit list below.
Gel Enhancement kit list:
- 120/180 grit file
- 180 sponge buffer
- 240 grit file
- Nail glue
- Ultraform tips
- Pure acetone
- Hand sanitiser
- Cuticle pusher
- Iso-propyl alcohol
- Cotton buds
- Detail brush
- Hard Gel
- Rubber Base
- Top Coat
- Lint free wipes
- Nail clippers
- Duster brush
- Couch roll
- Microfibre eyelash brush
This course is unbranded, so please bring whichever gel system you prefer to use. Advice can be provided on this.
Most of the products on this list can be bought from The GelBottle and other products can be bought from a wholesaler or Amazon.
Please ask if you need help on where to buy your products.
It is advisable to use the lamp that the manufacturer of the products you are using recommends, for insurance purposes as well as quality of service.